Panagiotis Sklavos tou Georgiou was born in Athens on 9/11/1956 and since 1958 he has been a permanent resident of Kefalonia. From an early age he was involved in music, initially as a self-taught and then attending private music lessons specializing in bouzouki and guitar. In 1974 he graduated from the High School of Ceramics and from 1976 to 1979 he served in the Navy.
After completing his term, he made the first attempts to make musical instruments. He then expanded his knowledge of the subject of construction by participating in various seminars and conducting personal research. His systematic involvement with the construction of musical instruments began in 1983 with the creation of his first workshop in the village of Karantinata in Kefalonia, which was destroyed in 1989 by the great fires of Lakithra.
Since 2002, it maintains a workshop for the manufacture, maintenance and repair of stringed musical instruments in Quarantine, Kefallinia, having manufactured dozens of musical instruments such as guitars of various types (baroque, vihueles, romantic era, classical, folk, rebetika, trio, bantoura, manzo baglamades, tzourades, pandouria etc .. At the same time, it has maintained and restored stringed instruments of large Greek manufacturers such as Mourtzinou, Apartian, Tsakirian, Panagi, while it has repaired in addition to all the aforementioned instruments and its family strings.
- Has maintained since 2002 a workshop for the manufacture and maintenance of musical instruments in Quarantine – Lakithra, Kefallinia.
- He has preserved and restored rare musical instruments such as the lyre-guitar of Molfetas (made by Mourtzinos, built in 1896), acoustic guitar made by Fratelli Casella (1920-25), folk guitar Apartian (1970), violin Brahmla Carlos (1919), violin Mourtzinos (1903) et al.
- He has participated in the group exhibition entitled: ART AND HANDICRAFT EXHIBITION at the Ionian Handicraft Center of the Municipality of Argostoli, exhibiting musical instruments. December 2015
- Conservator of the stringed musical instruments of DEPAD (Municipal Enterprise of Culture, Leisure and Entertainment) of the Municipality of Argostoli (1994-2003).
- Conservator of the stringed musical instruments of DEPADΨ (Municipal Enterprise of Culture, Leisure and Entertainment) of the Municipality of Livathos (2003).
- Conservator of the stringed musical instruments of the Municipal Enterprise of Cultural, Economic and Social Development of Eleios Pronon (2000-2003).
- In the academic year 2002-2003 he taught the course “Technology of Musical Instruments I and II” at the TEI of Epirus (ERDIP).
- From the Academic year 2003-2004 to 2008-2009 he taught the course, “Technology of Musical Instruments I and II”, at the Department of Sound Technology and Musical Instruments (T.H.MO) of the TEI of the Ionian Islands. (ERDIP)
- In the academic year 2012-2013 he taught the course “Technolo
- From the Academic year 2013-2014 until 2018, He taught in the laboratory of stringed musical instruments of the Department of Sound Technology and Musical Instruments of TEI. Ionian Islands (as ERDIP, Academic and University Fellow) the art of making stringed musical instruments, having introduced dozens of students to the art of instrument making.